Old November 21st 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Tapped capacitor tanks

K7ITM wrote:
Of course, Spice will simulate all this for you very nicely, using
either a transient analysis, or a frequency-domain analysis if all the
parts can be assumed to behave linearly.

Cheers,
Tom

Andy writes
I'll second that. J , try your ideas out on SPICE. Try to figure
out
what it will do before you simulate it, and then use the simulation to
check your conclusions..... I've found it to be invaluable in
straightening
me out on some of the ways I "thought" nature worked, and in getting
a lot of things straight.....

Same with EZNEC, if you have it....... I learned a lot more about
how
antennae really work from EZNEC than in 30 years of cutting wires and
hooking up SWR meters......

Simulators are wonderful things. And no one has to know about the
times one turns out to be wrr...wrrro....wr.r...........
imprecise....

Andy W4OAH