Old November 21st 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
yodar yodar is offline

Default Newbie question

Janos

If you use computers, you would be better served getting on the right
lists to find a used TenTecRX320 for about 2 bills.

http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Receivers/TT320

A computer controlled receiver like the RX 320 and a rudimentary
antena will egt you the world AND automatic station Identification and
logging

see me off list when you decide to get one

Yodar

On Nov 19, 7:36 pm, "janospetrik" wrote:
Sorry for my naivete, but :When I was a kid, a decent shortwave radio cost over $300.00, weighed about 10 pounds and required a roof antenna.

Could I get a portable SW for under $100, and what could I expect for
this price? (I just want to listen).

Thanks.