Old November 22nd 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

An LP near ground also functions as a NVIS antenna, a broadband NVIS antenna.

You will need more space than the B&W for example; but, if space is available a
six or seven element design should work just fine.

Also, any TERMINATED TRAVELING WAVE designs should work. A 1/2 wavelength at 3
MHz terminated in 600 ohms and fed with a good 9:1 balun would do as well.

/s/ DD, W1MCE

BTW: it is proximity to ground and horizontal polarization that causes NVIS

# # #

C. J. Clegg wrote:
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:23:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

A wire based Log Periodic?

Good evening, Dave.

I guess I forgot to mention ... this antenna needs to be omnidirectional
or nearly so. Anyway it needs to be NVIS and I suspect a log periodic
wouldn't work well in that configuration.