Old November 22nd 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Mike Andrews Mike Andrews is offline

Default Drake R4-C antenna connector question

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:27:09 -0500, K3HVG wrote in :
And those people actually believe this bovine effluence?

w9gb wrote:

I like the audio hobby with $ 40 Cardias caps for RCA jacks.
http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...&product_id=29

Now there is a method to make money totally through marketing.
http://www.cardas.com/content.php?ar...l e+Materials

Oh, _yeah_!

I'm mildly tempted to sell a 3-wire power-grade equivalent of open-wire
line, with ceramic insulators, for the betterment of my pocketbook at
the expense of the audioph00ls. Make it out of #6 AWG solid copper, with
an insulator every 6 inches or so, and market it as having carefully-
controlled impedance at power-line frequencies. Yeah, that'd work -- and
buzzwordifying the ad copy would only improve the sales.

BA relevance: #6 AWG solid copper makes _sturdy_ Moxon rectangles at
2m and 6m, though it's a bit big. At 140 cm and 70 cm,
#8 or #10 are a bit easier to work with.

--
Segovia on his hatred of routine playing:
I have to be present at every note I play.