Old November 22nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] fcathell@msn.com is offline

Default Mikes views on TT RX-340

By and large I would have to agree that a lot of the receiver reviews
are subjective, particularly when it come to high end and "quasi-high
end" units where sensitivity and overall selectivity are not the main
issues. Personally, I've always liked the Icom R72 despite poor reviews
and the lack of controls that the R71A has for example. I loved the
capabilities of the NRD-525 but after 2 of these receivers, the hiss
and audio quality just drove me nuts. The R75 was probably one of the
best overall receivers I've used (after doing the AGC/AM sync mod), but
I just didn't like the "feel" because I tend to be a "knobulator" and I
sold it and kept my old R70 which requires a lot of knob twisting and
button pushing. I'm starting to really appreciate the Kenwood R-5000
that I just acquired a few months ago. It certainly has the best audio
and is the quietest receiver I've had.

Frank
K3YAZ