Old November 22nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
C. J. Clegg C. J. Clegg is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:37:20 -0800, Richard Clark wrote:

So what is all this angst about efficiency? Pour 100W into any hank
of wire and you will achieve at least that. Or do you mean that the
design you are looking for will be used as a model for others?

Good afternoon, Richard.

Actually, what I mean is that some, including me, will be using 5-watt
radios (Yaesu FT-817). If the option of pouring 100W into any hank of
wire was available to all, the issue wouldn't be critical. It's not,
so it is. :-)

more the pity that the requirement of having a $25
tuner is an unreasonable expectation

Remember the ALE requirement. I am only just now becoming convinced that
some autotuners might work for ALE. I'm quite certain manual tuners won't.