Old November 22nd 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
C. J. Clegg C. J. Clegg is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:15:35 -0800, Richard Clark wrote:

Perhaps you would care
to elaborate how the simplicity of two extra wires has been trumped.

I'll try, though from the tone of your message it sounds like your mind is
made up. :-)

We will be operating on many different frequencies across the range of 4
to 9. I don't even know (yet) how many different frequencies will be in
use (they won't tell me).

So I can envision many pairs of dipole elements, each cut for a certain
frequency in the range, and laid out like the spokes of a wheel.

I have plenty of land here but I don't have ready supports for that kind
of an array.

That's what I mean by "impractical".

I've learned a lot from you guys the last few days, though, and maybe
something like that isn't so impractical ... I'll have to experiment.
Perhaps an array of inverted vees on a single feedline...