Old November 23rd 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
C. J. Clegg C. J. Clegg is offline

Default Questions on broadband antenna design (e.g. T2FD)

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:35:39 -0800, Richard Clark wrote:

This cage monopole:
http://home.comcast.net/~kb7qhc/ante.../Cage/cage.htm
is flat over 5 Ham bands.

This discone:
http://www.qsl.net/kb7qhc/antenna/Discone/discone.htm
operates flat over more than two octaves of bandwidth.

Thanks. I have said earlier that I considered a discone (I also
considered a cage monopole but didn't mention it here) but those are
vertically polarized antennas and I'm pretty sure they're not good for
NVIS. Am I wrong?

I am also considering an array of inverted vees cut for selected
frequencies within the range, Something like that is likely to be much
better for NVIS.

Sorry if I seemed to fit all those names you called me... you say I'm
defeatist, one or two others here say I'm too optimistic. Can't please
everybody I guess. For the most part I do very much appreciate all the
help everyone has offered here, in a thread that has grown way beyond
anything I envisioned when I started it ... you guys are great. :-)