Old November 23rd 06, 10:10 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Chris Jones Chris Jones is offline

Default rf bandpass filters 2.4GHz

wrote:

Hi all,

I am transmitting in channel 3 of 802.11b, centered at 2.422Ghz.
Details aside, let me just say that it is very important for my
application that I sharpen up the spectral mask beyond that of the
802.11b standard. To be specific I need to purchase a bandpass filter
such that I get attenation of greater than 60dB at +- 15Mhz from the
center, i..e outside of [2.407Ghz, 2.437Ghz]. I am looking for
suggestions on where to purchase such filter(s) with the usual
parameters in mind, cost, lead time, etc.

I did see the filters that hyperlink sells, but it would take many of
their 8 pole filters in series to get what I need and they additionally
don't sell filters for one of the channels i would need. Maybe I need
to go custom on this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Kevin

Send your spec to these guys, they should be able to help you or at least
tell you whether it can be done. I hope you can afford their products.
Their tunable notch filters are very nice and might be one way of avoiding
a custom design, though I don't know if they cover your frequency.
http://www.klmicrowave.com/index.shtml