Old November 23rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Lloyd Lloyd is offline

Default Happy turkey day you no-code turkeys.

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:42:55 -0500, Old Time Ham wrote:
Steve Stone wrote:
It's us REAL HAMS...us CW operators
that should be slinging the mud.

When you real hams, sitting on your fat asses come out of your musty shacks
and use your superior skills to help out your neighbors during local
emergencies I'll have some respect for you.
Join an ARES or RACES group.. or even a Skywarn net.
Until then you are just a waste of bandwidth and good potato chips.

I am in both RACES and SKYWARN and just about puke every time some CB
reject say's "What's your 20?." I am forced to respond, "My location is
____, you jackass."

10 signals are obsolete and are being officially dropped by most police
departments in favor of plain English. The announcement has been all
over CNN and FNN. Apparently, police professional organizations and
Homeland Security have recommended that 10 codes be dropped, and most
police departments are about to comply.

The use of 10 codes will now be the offical mark of a backward operator,
just as we have always known.