Old November 24th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Coffee grounds and cookie crumbs make good teaching aids.

Old Time Ham wrote in
:

Slow Code wrote:
"Sal M. Onella" wrote in
:

[Following seen on quote-back; I believe I have the OP twitted out.]

No-coders must go to the end of the line for refreshments at
meetings. Code hams must be served first and should take more treats
than they want and need. When all the code hams are served and there
is nothing left, no-codes get the left-over Coffee grounds and Cookie
crumbs. This will teach no-codes that by working harder to be better
hams,
Not better hams ... just slo-o-o-wer hams! Morse is the most
inefficient means of communication we have. A kid can burp-speak the
alphabet faster than you can send it in Morse.

I feel your pain. It must suck for you to have to live in Lid-ville.

SC

Do any of you no-code lids remember the demonstration on Late night TV
when a couple of CW ops demonstrated and proved CW is MUCH faster than
"text messaging?" Yeah, it';s slow if you are a 5 WPM lid that has no
pride in themselves, but for REAL Hams it is efficient, and fast.

They don't like to be reminded about that contest. It shows the
difference between skilled and un-skilled. It also gets back to that
liberal political correctness thing. Everyone has to be equal, since not
everyone is good enough to rise to the top, they got to drag the top down.

SC