Old November 24th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
WPE9JRL WPE9JRL is offline

Default R4-C dial calibration

Did you buy it from Radio-Mart?

"tjbitt" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi all, got another Drake question. I got my R4C on Wed and it appears
to be in working condition but needs some work. It appears the freq
dial readout is off by about 65 khz. CAn anybody tell me how to align
the plastic freq dials so they correspond to the received freq? Is
there a way to crank the tuning dial all the way clockwise to the
bottom end of the band and realign the the 10 khz and 100 khz dialfaces
to 0 and 0? I took the tuning knob and skirt off but didn't have a pair
of split ring pliers to remove the split ring cliparound the tuning
dial shaft?. Am I completely off or is this an alignment problem. I was
told the alignment was well within specs.

Another problem appears to be the the R4C is only operating in AM mode
when I switch over to SSB the receiver mutes with no signal heard over
the speaker its like it is completely dead. Not sure what this could be
but makes the rig useless for SSB or CW monitoring. Again any thoughts
would be most appreciated I have no friends or elmers to help locally.
Thanks again. Ted---KQ4mz