Old November 25th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Straights, Boycott Wal-Mart!

Gomer Simpson wrote:

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message ...

"Lloyd" wrote in message
. ..

Did you even bother to read the material at Snopes? Somehow, I don't
think that you did, because you pulled out your prerecorded response
immediately after jerking your knee.

Did YOU even bother to read what was written at Snopes?

Did you read it?? It said that it is "partnering" with the GLA to "promote
diversity" and promote non typical gay marriages. Everytime I hear that buzz
phrase "promote diveristy" I can feel the little hairs on my neck standing up,
because what that really means is promoting non traditional values. Since
I have a SuperWalmart within a stones throw of me, its going to be difficult
not to go there but this tears it with me and no doubt hundreds of thousands
or more of us lowly tradiionalists that happen to believe not only do words
mean things but so do actions like this. They really are sticking their noses
where they dont belong,,, no pun intended, and I think they are going to get
bit in the long run.

Remember K-Mart and their ownership of some porn producing or selling
shop? Currently out of bankruptcy, I think, but a lot weaker!

Remember Winn-Dixie who just got out of bankruptcy? They came out of
bankruptcy minus many thousands of employees, about 400 stores plus
warehouses and other assets! Oh, I still don't know if they have a
policy of calling the law upon seeing a parent correct a child according
to the Bible!

Wal-Mart probably thinks they are "too big" to be brought down a notch
or two, but notice what the Bible says. Isiah 40:15, "Behold, the
nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of
the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing." KJV

Note: The NATIONS are basically nothing to God - much less one business
within one of those nations. I suspect "nations" can be taken
individually or collectively! :-)

There was a time when Wal-Mart stock was splitting pretty frequently but
I can't see it growing very much lately.