Old November 26th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.radio.cb,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default CONGRATS!! to k4yz

I was in my neighborhood drug store and what did I see? The November
issue of pop com!

Steve, your letter was well written and spot on.Congratulations on
being published! Have you ever considered submitting regular articles
to either pop com or monitoring times? You have great writing skills.

I quit PopComm after my 1st subscription about 1984. Too much
reverence for pirate radio for my taste in that pub.

OK, finally made it over to Universal and picked up the November issue
of PopComm.

Of course Steve's letter was well written. He left out the homosexual
inuendo and excrement eating scenarios. He has one side he presents to
the world... but then there's the other side.

Anyhow, lots of words, a sense of urgency. With arms waving and flags
flying he mentions "jet training routes" "Missions for America"
"ultimate war fighting capabilities." Very important sounding stuff
from Major Steven J Robeson, K4YZ/KTN4GN, as usual.

So what was it all about???

Monitoring CAP FOUO communications.

I recall K4YZ/KTN4GN inviting people to monitor him and he would send
an SWL confirmation.

Hi! So much for FOUO.

Here's the little nugget from his QRZ bio page...

"""""
I am an active member of the Tennessee Wing, Civil Air Patrol, United
States Air Force Auxiliary with the rank of Major. CAP performs search
and rescue, disaster relief and other domestic "civil defense" type
missions on behalf of the U. S. Air Force. CAP was organized in the
late 1930's and was formally established on 01 December 1941 to provide
"homeland defense" type missions, and it continues that proud tradition
into the 21st Century.

My Civil Air Patrol callsign is "TennesseeCAP 250". I will QSL utility
SWL'ers if you catch me on one of CAP's HF or VHF frequencies.
"""""