Old November 27th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dave WB4IUY Dave WB4IUY is offline

Default Problems with ARRL Incoming buro?

I hope your problem isn't typical; I'm going to be depending
on the bureaus more now than previously. I just sent a couple
of direct requests and in addition to the increased costs
for the DX station's postage, I see an airmail stamp is
now $0.84 here. Lucky for me I work so few new countries--
I can't AFFORD much direct QSLing! :-)

Hey Ken, I recognized your call right away :-). I've been emailing Dick
and messing with this for the last 2+ years. I sent batches of SASE's
to them 3 different times over the last 2 years, and they seem to be
loosing them. After sending out over 1100 cards in the last two years
and receiving only 7 back, I started emailing hams I'd worked. I gots
lots of replies from people who said they'd replied via the buro. I was
recently sending emails to Dick and my particular handler shown on
their website, but was getting no response. I was getting pretty
frustrated and I emailed a PILE of folks at the ARRL, and got 1
response. Like magic, an envelope with 21 cards was postmarked to me
the very next day. Magic.

I realize the buro isn't a paid position, but it is supposedly a
'benefit' of being an ARRL member. It's really the only reason I join
the ARRL anymore, so I'd like to have it work.

Hopefully, it'll work for you...

Dave WB4IUY