Old November 27th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Requirements to talk?

So, tell me. Where did I go wrong? If Cell Phones can have no
regulations on usage, and its free reign on pieces and parts, and
usage, . . How come we are so incredibly regulated? Not only that,
but why are we tearing our selves up in the process of simply trying
to get along?

What's wrong with this picture?

Well virtually everything!!

A licence is required, and is held by the network operator. Users are
covered by this licence. The equipment used must be type approved and some
of the add-ons that you talk about are not actually legal.

So cell phones are not the free for all that you describe, it is a licensed
service and tightly regulated.

Regards
Jeff