Old November 27th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Dale Parfitt Dale Parfitt is offline

Default R4-C dial calibration

"tjbitt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Yea, I hate to admit it but bought the R4C from Radiomart. Had never
read anythig bad previously, til I started checking into him further.
The radio truly is in great cosmetic condition, little dust under the
hood, the bottom side of the chassis is clean. The radios main prob is
no ssb and the dial calibration way off. Martyn said to return it and
he would fix it. The more I find out, the less sure I am I even want
to send the radio back to him. It's a bigger waste to pay shipping back
to him and wonder if it will ever be right.

What's the consensus? I think I will take up the suggestion to send the
rig to Jeff Covelli and get it fixed right, and even though I will
spend more than I wanted to on the radio, at least it will be in good
working order and a keeper. The other alternative doesn't appeal to me.
What do ya think.? I sure wished I'd come here first...... guess your
never too old to make a mistake though-----Ted KQ4MZ

I would not return it to Radiomart- who knows what the result would be, or
his skills.
Get it done right, and do everyone a favor and leave negative feedback if
the radio was sold as being in working order.
Dale W4OP