Old November 29th 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Denny Denny is offline

Default Shunt fed vertical?

Hey John... Glad to see you are still experimenting with the
vertical...
One answer is that you are shunt feeding a vertical monopole near it's
third harmonic tapped at about 1/8 wave above ground... Depending upon
shunt spacing and the diameter ratios it looks like you found the magic
spot for that frequency to transform to nearly a 1:1 match...
As one fella said to me long ago, I would rather be lucky than good,
any day...

denny - k8do