Old November 29th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
K4YZ K4YZ is offline

Default CONGRATS!! to k4yz

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

I was in my neighborhood drug store and what did I see? The November
issue of pop com!

Steve, your letter was well written and spot on.Congratulations on
being published! Have you ever considered submitting regular articles
to either pop com or monitoring times? You have great writing skills.

What was Steve writing about?

Thanks, Bill!

SC, There was an article about CAP in Popular Communications that
addressed the recent change of federal policy on FOUO, or "For Offical
Use Only" release of information on certain aspects of radio
communication.

Part of that change has been for CAP to withdrawn any and all
discussion of it's operating frequencies from cap.gov sites that aren't
password protected for CAP members only. The author called into
question the validity of that practice.

I made a point of suggesting that we as radio hobbyists need to
re-think our liberal publishing of what we hear, even when we are only
discussing the user, mode and frequency, not the actual content of the
transmission.

And Bill...Morkie doesn't like me because at each and every turn of
his attempts to lie, deceive and mislead, I've "busted" him over and
over for those acts. Morkie doesn't like having his nose rubbed in his
online misdeeds, yet continues to do it.

Thanks again for the kind comments. It wasn't, by the way, the
first time in recent history that I've been "published" (not in the
professional sense, obviously) in Amateur media. I've had several
"hits" in CQ magazine since November of last year, and had an item I
originally published in this forum picked up by "Worldradio" as a guest
op-ed item a few years ago.

73

Steve, K4YZ