Old November 30th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default SB 220 10 meter not working

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had this amp (sb 220) for several years and it had always worked
fine. Moving I put it in storage on my new property and 2 years later
when I set up my new ham station...no more 10 meters. All the other
bands work fine with full power out. Looking at the band selector it
also looks fine not burnt out. The bad thing is I run 10 meters. Any
one have an Idea or have come across this problem....please let me know
with some testing ideas.

Thanks Sam

I'm not familiar with the amp, so I will give a guess or two. Though you
know the switch doesn't look "burned" out, what about oxidized, dirty or
slightly pitted to not make contact. How about the wires going to it - any
cold solder joints? Wires broken off? Sounds like something subject to the
"switch". Any components which may have been placed in line - open?

Try "rocking" the switch around the 10 meter position while trying to get
the signal going - see if it makes any attempt to work.

That is as far as I can go with no schematic or knowledge of the amp.