Old November 29th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Drake R8B on eBay

Joe Analssandrini wrote:
Dear John,

With the dearth of great affordable table-top short wave radios
currently being manufactured, the price for the older, discontinued,
ones in good condition can only go up. These will be purchased either
as "collector" items or for actual use, as one in good condition will
greatly outperform any portable ever or currently being manufactured. I
have told my wife that when I "ascend" (hopefully) to the great "Radio
Shack in the Sky," to be careful - I believe that, once the AOR AR7030
Plus is discontinued, its price will positively skyrocket and she
should not settle for anything less than a "good price." (A "good
price," of course, being what someone is willing to pay at the time one
wants to sell!) My unit, of course, is in perfect condition; my wife
made a cover for it and I keep it covered (and unplugged) when it is
not in use and I have retained the original box, the original packing,
and all paperwork associated with it. But I wish I had the money to buy
another fully-tricked-out AR7030 Plus and just keep it in its box. What
a price THAT would bring some year in the future!

Best,

Joe

It sounds like you can't afford NOT to buy another fully-tricked-out
AR7030 Plus!