Old November 30th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Happy turkey day you no-code turkeys.

"JOHN D" wrote in

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"JOHN D" wrote in

Why am I wasteing my time brushing up on radio & electronic theory
and studying schematics when, apparantly, all I need is better cw
skills to enable me to fix my radios.

You need both to be a well balance operator. If you're willing and
motivated enough to be able to learn and communicate with CW, you're
also more likely to be motivated to advance yourself technically in
other areas of radio as well. You won't be one of those unmotivated
no-code appliance operators you hear on repeaters who spend their days
kerchunking all the machines in the area.

SC

I guess my 2m in the car qualifies as an appliance radio. My HF radios
are
mostly all old tube type. Real radios have a warm glow. I came upon a
bargain that I couldn't pass up on a Yaesu FT-901. I'm still trying to
decide if it's too new for me. I still practice with code tapes but I
ain't getting much better but, I'm proud of my 5 wpm extra class
licence. John

It says Extra class on your paper, but it's not a Real Extra class
license. They quit issuing those after restructuring. What you
got is a Welfare hand-out Extra.

SC