Old November 30th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Happy turkey day you no-code turkeys.

Fred Furlly wrote in :

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:22:37 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

"JOHN D" wrote in

Why am I wasteing my time brushing up on radio & electronic theory and
studying schematics when, apparantly, all I need is better cw skills
to enable me to fix my radios.

You need both to be a well balance operator. If you're willing and
motivated enough to be able to learn and communicate with CW, you're
also more likely to be motivated to advance yourself technically in
other areas of radio as well. You won't be one of those unmotivated
no-code appliance operators you hear on repeaters who spend their days
kerchunking all the machines in the area.

SC

You are SOOOOO Full of yourself SC!

You bet! Its a good thing to know Code, and darn right you are to
be proud of Learning How to Code. . . But hey, wait a minute. . ..
What the heck makes you now believe that just because YOU wanted it,
and went out and learned how, that now EVERYBODY HAS TO LEARN IT TOO!?

You don't have to learn anything Fred. You can use FRS, Cell phones, and
11 meters.

SC