Old November 30th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
JOHN D JOHN D is offline

Default Just listen to CB if you want to know what ham radio will sound like.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...

We need to keep the CW requirement and increase it. We shouldn't let ham
radio get dumbed down again.

SC

It doesn't take a damn bit of knowlege of electronics, radio, propagation or
regulations to learn cw.
So how is cw gonna prevent the dumbing down of ham radio.
Why are you not stressing a need for better testing for technical
competentcy to prevent the dumbing down?
There are a lot of engineers, technicians and hobbyists who allready know
electronics who might be interested amateur radio, but don't have time or
interest to fool around learning code. Once licenced some, maybe many, of
these people would develope an interest in cw.