Old December 1st 06, 12:55 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.repair
maxfoo maxfoo is offline

Default Those wonderful TOYS!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:13:48 -0700, Bill Jeffrey
wrote:

Tim Wescott wrote:

maxfoo wrote:

GAWD, These kids nowadays have it made!
Check out this kewl hotwheels radar gun on sale for $20.00 at Walmart.
I wonder if it's accurate though, I might just pick one up and dissect
it!!
Anyone already get one of these, is it accurate? TIA

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=4661205

So, can you bend it down a few hundred megahertz into the amateur 10GHz
band? Without spending more than you would for a Gunnplexer?

Probably not if the tuning element is a DRO.

Bill

The DRO has a tuning slut above it. You might be able to tune off frequency by a
few MHz. The DRO puts out very little power -30dBm might be a good idea to add
an amp from mini-circuit, smdi, rfmd or hittite microwave, you should be able to
get free samples from those companies. Another idea is to just get another puck
in place of the one in the cavity. free sample pucks are available at shf
microwave.