Old December 1st 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
tools tools is offline

Default If CW is eliminated.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...
"tools" wrote in :

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...

You can tell everyone you're a CB'er deluxe.

SC

If code is eliminated from the US requirements, will you quit amateur
radio?

If code is eliminated the riff-raff that will overrun the bands will drive
a lot of people out of amateur radio. It's bad now even with a 5wpm code.

Back when I got my license there was alot of technical discussions,
experimentation and lot of hams improving their communication and
technical skills. Now with 5 wpm, convertions are mainly about appliance
operating, or how someone did something stupid and burned up their rigs,
things just like you can hear on CB.

SC Don't let
the door hit you on your way out then.