Old December 1st 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
John Ferrell John Ferrell is offline

Default Energize 2500mah problem

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:01:19 GMT, "Only Fair"
wrote:

I find the Energizer 2500mah double A batteries have major problem that
causes them not to hold a charge. When I require the use of these batteries
I find they are dead after only a few weeks of shelf life. The Energizer
2100mah cells are great with no problems what so ever and they have an
outstanding shelf life. When I called Energizer to discuss the problem with
the 2500mah, they deny any problems with these batteries and inform me the
problem is my charger. I have use 3 different charges and the problem
remains. I recommend no one purchase the Energizer 2500 mah batteries due to
their failure to hold a charge. I will never purchase Energizer batteries
again because the Energizer Company fails to support the customer. Has
anyone else have this problem?

Bob, AA8X

If these are NiMh batteries I have found that to be the normal self
discharge situation. .

John Ferrell W8CCW