Old December 2nd 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
A. G. Bell A. G. Bell is offline

Default CW IS ham radio. bull****

wrote in message
On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 01:41:37 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

But you people that want to rid the service of the code requirement, fail
to see the value.

Indeed I fail to se what value I have for the time I have wasteed
morse code
Sure have to learn CW make take a little time, but once
you learn it and you it, you'll develope a better appreciation for what

it
means to be a ham, and our history.

nope I understand itplace and therefore I do advocate banning the USE
of the mode in order to stop the damage that is done by cutlure that
has grown up arround it

SC

Hardly a "culture", Mork. CW was part and parcel (still is) of advancing a
licensee (through incentive/reward for effort), onward and upward to the
earned priveleges of expanded band use.

You rail, indeed moan, that you should be afforded the same priveleges as
those who have earned their just rewards while your desire is to sit back
and wait for the priveleges to be handed to you.

The only imagined damage that has been fomented toward you by CW advocates
is that they oft call you on the carpet for expounding day after day that
Ham Radio should not be "dumbed down" to meet your selfish wishes. You take
umbrage that they have the "gasp!" audacity to refute your weak arguments.

Life's a bitch, ain't it, Mark? Why should anybody have to work for
anything?
It's like saying they don't deserve it.