Old December 2nd 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Motorola Moxy Radios

OK, here is a question...

Around here, I seem to see only a few models of radios at any one time. Moxy
is one I've not seen and as such am not familiar. I bought a "used" Moxy for
"possible" use. It transmits ok - but no recieve audio. Now, I am
wondering - if there is a PL reed which could be blanking out the audio? OR
is it done by programming - some how?

I didn't look "too" closely to see if I could spot a "reed" - as it was late
and my eyes weren't cooperating too well. I can look again.

I am betting (hoping!) there is PL involved - but in case there isn't -
anyone have a manual I can get a copy of the receiver section schematic
from? This radio is currently on 47.50 MHz. I am not real sure I am going to
keep it. I "thought" about putting it on our fire band, but we "may" be
going VHF high - soon. Could always maybe use it too - for a 6 meter link
on the repeater! Then too, I could always sell it - it is in decent shape -
aside from the issue stated.