Old October 22nd 03, 06:41 PM
Richard Clark

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:43:20 GMT, "Ronald Walters"
wrote:

I would ask the group for recommendations on cleaning the roller assembly and
inductor to ensure good conductivity after I am done.

Hi Ron,

One contact cleaner that I used that was better than most was
Cramolin. This is a monomolecular layer solution that you would use
very sparingly. However, as your tuner did not arrive brand-new (or
brand-used) with it, your problem may be more mundane.

The simplest way to defeat corrosion is with pressure. The spring
tension of the roller may have slackened up over the years.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC