Old December 3rd 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Denny Denny is offline

Default Zero Sidelobe Antenna Design

Read the chaper again... That is an inline array of point sources... A
different kettle of fish from an inline array of real, physical
antennas... Now, you may approximate this stellar performance by going
to very short radiators with capacity hats on the ends, etc. so that
the current distribution across the radiator approximates linear, but
the price you pay in matching the source and feed line to these near
point radiators ought to keep you busy until you meet the requirements
for social security... These are not what I would consider efficient
antenna arrays...

Such antenna arrays have been marketed by FM broadcast antenna OEMs to
reduce the power density (radhaz levels) on the ground around towers with
high power FM systems on them.

Gosh, I don't see CushCraft offering any such arrays for 80 meters - I
sure could use one!!!

denny / k8do