Old December 4th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
W. Watson W. Watson is offline

Default FM Transmitter for CD Players?

Alan WA4SCA wrote:

The CCrane version is a "full gallon" as far as the FCC is concerned.
I have one which covers my house, and 3 acre yard, with full quieting.
It is on the ground floor of a frame house, and sits on top of a metal
filing cabinet, and works equally well on top of the tuner/amp. I
have found that, as you would expect, the signal improves modestly as
you move to higher TX frequencies.

--
Alan
WA4SCA

Part of my problem is that the radio in the bedroom, where I do most of my
listening, is right near the noise source. I need the source on all night
(CPAP unit). The best reception of my favorite station is 30' away, across
the house, and I may not be able to find a better spot for the xmitter. Oh,
well, I'll keep playing with this. Higher tonight. (My rcvr is it a Crane's
getting repaired, and will be back this week I'm told. Until then I'm a bit
limited, since it gets the favorite station.)

"I have made this letter [e-mail] a rather long one, only
because I didn't have the lesiure to make it shorter."
-- Blaise Pascal
Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews