Old December 4th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default CONGRATS!! FOR?

On 27 Nov 2006 18:43:26 -0800,
wrote:

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Notice that your communication has become meaningless.
I am certain all commucation has become meaningless to him and he never
noticed
He's an A-1 OP.

is he realy? certainly that not something to be aspried to

Yes, Mark, it is something to be "aspried" to. It is recognition by two
separate individuals who are already members. It isn't something you
can apply or ask for. You should look up the things which are required
in order to be nominated. During the more than twenty five years I've
been a member, I've nominated quite a number of other ops for
membership. If you look at the League's web page, you can find a list
of operators who have received one nomination and are awaiting a second.
The idea for such a list was mine.

Welp, the ARRL issued him a certificate anyway.

The only way to receive an A-1 Operators Club certficate is to be
nominated by two who are already members. If two nominations are
received, a certificate is issued.

one A1 op threatens to muder people over radio topics another states
plainly he is willing to help other hams break the rules if they are Dx
HE wants

and both intent on preserving their frat boy intiation rites

pathetic

Very pathetic.

What is truly pathetic is how you and the twit will stoop to anything to
take a swipe at anyone. Tell me, Brian, do you think Mark will be
nominated by two members of the A-1 Operators Club for either his
sparkling phone, digital mode or Morse operation?

Dave K8MN