Old December 6th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Owen Duffy Owen Duffy is offline

Default Auto tuners & verticals

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 20:50:54 -0500, John Ferrell
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 06:49:11 GMT, Owen Duffy wrote:

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 23:13:38 -0500, John Ferrell
wrote:

I am considering purchasing a remote auto tuner for my continuing
tinkering with verticals. My current focus is on 80-160 meters with
33+ foot verticals. The auto tuners specs claim a max inductance of

The SGC-237 is on order!
I appreciate the help in making my decision.

If you want to improve efficiency on 160m, think about raising the
radiation resistance and / or reducing the earth loss.

Possibilities to raise Rr include inductive loading high up, longer
radiator, capacity hat, more than one of the above.

Owen