Old December 6th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default RoomCap Antenna

Felix wrote:

Felix:

Personally, I have a use for a small antenna. One which I can chuck
into my trunk and take along on quickly planned days away in the wild.
I have used the EH and got it up to good heights using a cord and
slingshot. It is not an efficient antenna in accepted terms. The good
match it provides over a good bandwidth and small size makes it perfect
for some of my adventures though. Hoisted high in a tree at the 11,500
ft elevation makes it look good to me; good to at the 9,500 ft elevation
while I fly fish mosquito lakes and have a bit of chat. Efficiency is
in the eye of the beholder.

Put paying for a CD to show me how to build another of these "dummy load
antennas" just doesn't float in my book ...

Regards,
JS