Old December 7th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Call for Action-CW Advocacy organization

"FedUP" wrote in message

bunch of stuff snipped

"I" am NOT "against" code, I had to take it to acquire my licenses and I am
and have been for some time - an Extra. HOWEVER - I do NOT see CODE (CW) as
being the saving grace of Ham Radio - be it to save lives or keep the crap
off the bands. As I pointed out in a previous post - I was an OO (Official
Observer) some years ago - LONG before NO CODE was even thought of. I wrote
out more notices to those who "should" have known better - but showed no
care. I am talking GENERALs (13 WPM), ADVANCED (13 WPM) AND EXTRAS (20 WPM).

There is a deeper issue than CODE - diminishing our ham ranks. INSTEAD of
rallying JUST for "code", get off your CW high horse and start rallying
for BETTER "THEORY" exams - since the new books don't teach CRAP - and start
getting your SCHOOLS involved in putting TECHNOLOGY - ALL OF IT - back into
the curriculums.
MODES using ELECTRONICS - which will need maintained - will still be here
LONG after CW has died.

AGAIN - I'll say - here at least - all they give a **** about is FOOT BALL.
These bozos sold off all "shop" equipment - be it for wood, metal,
electronics, etc - and raised taxes ONLY to build stadiums for the
"Football" teams - to rival those of the pro stadiums. The "supplies" kids
used to get at start of school - NOW have to be bought by mom and dad - or
else! COME ON! IF THEY ARE LUCKY - only ONE person out of MAYBE 10
graduating classes will get a scholarship to a university for Football -
much less go to the Pro's. TO HELL WITH SPORTS - THIS COUNTRY DOES NOT EXCEL
ON SPORTS ALONE. WE NEED to make BUSH OR WHOEVER - get TECHNOLOGY back into
the class rooms or it won't be "JUST" no child left behind, it will be an
entire COUNTRY - LEFT BEHIND.

You guys have your priorities - ASS BACKWARDS..........