Old December 8th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
BDK BDK is offline

Default A Shortwave Radio For Christmas - Which One?

In article . com,
says...
As Christmas draws near, I remember the thrill of getting my first
shortwave radio for Christmas.

If you were going to buy a shortwave radio for a kid today, which one
and why?

Thanks

TMT

If you want something that would last, and not have to be replaced if he
really got into it, and would get nearly the entire purchase price back
if he didn't like it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JRC-NRD-525-RECE...ith-RDI-White-
Paper_W0QQitemZ140059327343QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1505 1QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrd
Z1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ICOM-R-71A-RECEI...ITH-PASS-BAND-
TUNING_W0QQitemZ140059361026QQihZ004QQcategoryZ150 51QQssPageNameZWDVWQQr
dZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't even bother with most of the junky new portables they have
for sale now.

BDK