Old December 8th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Dave Ferguson Dave Ferguson is offline

Default Questions about scanners........

So, I went and looked at the link, and it does say that all of genesee
county is on a "project 25 standard" this means I would need a digital
scanner? or just a trunking? As dave said, dispatch is simulcast on
154.145 that is because they are still using the 'old' fire pagers. I
am sorry for all the questions, but like I said I am ignorant when it
comes to radio freqs and such. I pasted the frequency information
below, I just want to be sure before I make the investment that I get
what I need. Even though forest twp is not on the list I am sure that
they are using the same countywide system since they assign
'fireground'. Thanks again for all of your help.

If it were me I would get a digital scanner from either Radioshack or
Uniden. If you get an analog one it would probably be obsolete within a
year or two. The "D" under mode indicates digital.
Dave