Old February 24th 04, 01:10 AM
Ed G

I'm holding on to mine to sell with the rig it came with. I don't
expect to use it because it seems to raise the noise level in the
receiver.

It isn't as bad as the MFJ switcher, which is much better than the
Radio Shack, but it is bad enough that I can tell the difference
between it and a linear supply!

Personally, I've always used a 12V battery... currently a 100AH gell
cell. No noise there at all! Just built a little home brew 4A 13.6V
regulated power supply to float the battery with and it NEVER fails,
power outages or whatever. Been so reliable I have held off for years
installing a solar panel in place of the little P/S.

Ed WB6SAT