Old December 9th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Yodar Yodar is offline

Default A Shortwave Radio For Christmas - Which One?

For a child I'd recomment the MFJ or TenTec regenerative receiver...TenTec
is a kit iirc
BOTH $100 ea
They are instructive and FUN cause the kid DOES things, adjust trimmers,
tuners, coils etc, keeping him busy and out'a trouble. INSIST he uses the
headphones so the squeal is heard by HIM alone

yodar

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
As Christmas draws near, I remember the thrill of getting my first
shortwave radio for Christmas.

If you were going to buy a shortwave radio for a kid today, which one
and why?

Thanks

TMT