Old December 9th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] amyotte@personainternet.com is offline

Default Balun for "F"type Connectors??????

Yodar wrote:
radio junkie offers one on ebay/

If you mean RFJUNKIE then he is out of stock and will not be making any
more.

Brian

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a reciever that has 2 screw antenna connections, 300 ohm. I
currently use RG-6 coax so I use a 4:1 matching tranformer at my
reciever and also at the Windom antenna in the attic.

I would like to setup a 90 ft random wire antenna outside using the
RG-6 and feed thru a ground block to the matching transformer into my
reciever. I'll need a 9:1 balun at the feed, but have not found a
ready made balun that accepts the "F" type coax connector. The ICE-180
and one currrently on eBay use a SO-239 connector and I have not found
connectors available to adapt to the RG-6.

Does any one know of a 9:1 Balun that accepts the "f" type connector?

Brian