Old December 10th 06, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.fan.art-bell,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] hjsjms@cs.com is offline

Default Landlords

Brenda Ann wrote:
"amdx" wrote in message

"Pedro Sanchez" wrote in message
On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 09:06:20 -0500, "Slow Code"
wrote:

Hey Steve, does your landlord let you put up an antenna? Mine won't. :-((

Shove those antenna up the landlords ass. Ask him if he would rather
have the antenna in the air or up his ass. If he says he wants it up
his ass then break it off for him.

Landlords suck assholes.

Gee, maybe you should save your money and buy your OWN home,
then you can do what you want with it.

This is increasingly becoming a pipe dream, as more and more neighborhoods
put together ******* CCA's or whatever they call them this week, and dictate
what color paint you can have on your home, what sort of topiary, and
countless other minutia.

Generally neighborhoods don't put them together. Homeowners
associations and the related CCR's found in the deed are usually
required by either city or county planning commissions as a tradeoff
for denser than normal housing in planned communities. With those
restrictions you usually get community open space and some level of
community recreation facilities, etc.

Whether they are good or bad or something in-between really depends on
what you want in your locality. Some of us enjoy the freedom to do
more-or-less what ever we want with our house. Along with that right
comes the responsibility to acccept whatever your next-door-neighbor
does with his house. About 10 miles away is a community with out a
HOA that is composed of 80 year old well maintained brick or wood
colonial houses. One guy has painted his brick home contrasting colors
of purple, pink and blue. Another puts fills up most of his yard with
at least 100 beatup plastic santas and other xmas paraphernalia. And
yet a third house has a very large oak that was chainsaw sculpted to
look like a 30 foot nude with huge breasts and 2 large branches made
into arms extended open toward the house. And these are neighborhoods
with houses that sell for $900,000 and up.

I would prefer to not have stuff like that next door and am willing to
trade off the right to paint my mailbox any color.

Covenant communities should be outlawed.

Why should they be outlawed? If you don't like them just move to a
location where there isn't a home owners association.

Whatever
happened to a man's home being his castle (i.e. personal property rights)?

What specifically are personal property rights. I have yet to find the
locality where you can do anything you want on your property.