Old December 11th 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default CW is ham history. It's what binds us and makes us unique.

"Fools" wrote in :

"Slow Code" wrote in message
ink.net...

Just listen to CB if you want to know what HF will sound like after
code is eliminated. The very fact that you can run into people like
Markie on HF should give you a clue as to how bad it can get.

SC I
like CB and HF. HF will be fine without code. Why we might even hear
more that contests, we might hear more than "CQ CQ CQ this is......
Thanks for the answer,.............CQ CQ CQ..... Why people might even
TALK about news, life, help, opinion, why the people could even
communicate all day long and easily understand each other. Oh, but the
loss of that secrete club language, code, would hurt the club members
sooooooo much. Ain't progress a bitch?

It's not progress. Dumbing things down is a step backwards.

SC