Old December 11th 06, 10:20 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Com-spec board

"Ed" wrote in message
. 192.196...

The pictures confirm my suspicions. You have been mixing apples and
oranges, so to speak. In your original post you asked for info on an SS-
32. More recently, you were talking about the TS-32. Those are two
different animals. The SS-32 is only an encoder, is physically smaller,
and missing some circuitry including an IC.

What you have is a TS-32, both encode and decodes CTCSS tones. It can
be referenced at : http://www.com-spec.com/insheet/ts32skm.pdf .

Even if you are using the decoder part of the boarad, in all likelyhood
you have no need for the missing Q2. Q1 is an output transistor for the
tone decoder.... it sinks current. One would only use Q2 if you needed to
source current ( a logic inverter function ). If you really needed it,
just stick in a cheap switching NPN like a 2N2222.

Ed K7AAT

After I had sent this last post with pictures, I did what I probably should
have done at the onset! I went and took a good LONG look at the board again.
In the TS 32 paperwork I have - it shows two transistors - Q1 and Q2. I
don't have the paperwork now in front of me, but I recall they are "outputs"
for the function you stated - one doing so a tad differently than the other.
Otherwise, I was able to pull out all the connections needed.

Thanks!