Old October 23rd 03, 03:16 AM
Steve Silverwood

In article , says...
I have an old shortwave radio and want a decent wire antenna
for it.
Would connecting a single insulated wire up through the wall,
through the attic and laid on the roof have a good chance of
working decently?
It will probably be about 125' from radio to the end of the
antenna.
I hope I don't need a ground at the radio.

I wouldn't lay the antenna right on the roof -- get it up a little ways,
at least, and the higher the better. And yes, by all means, disconnect
it from your equipment if there's a risk of a lightning strike!

As for grounding, it's a good idea if you can but it's not essential.

What kind of radio are you going to use?

--

-- //Steve//

Steve Silverwood, KB6OJS
Fountain Valley, CA