Old December 11th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.misc,alt.fan.art-bell,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
an_old_friend an_old_friend is offline

Default Landlords

D Peter Maus wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Brenda Ann wrote:
Covenant communities should be outlawed.

Actually, all that is needed is for consumers to
reject covenant communities, as I have always
done.

Tough to do, today. In a number of states, Illinois being one, new
developments are required to have HOA's with a standard, boilerplate
CC&R statement provided by the Assembly for simplicity.

when did Illinois do that

Pre-existing non HOA communities are forming HOA's to protect
themselves from intrusion by commercial interests that cannot get
traction in other HOA communities.

AND...in at least two counties, here, there are basic CC&R's in place
on undeveloped land, levied by county boards, in speculation that
developers may wish to move that way. Meaning, you can buy a piece of
land in deep weeds, build a home with your own hands, and before you
close the door, be in violation of antenna restrictions. Even though the
nearest neighbor may be an hour away.

glad I left the state a few years back

Rejecting HOA communities, today, may mean having to move a half a
continent away.

You can't even homestead property on the tundra, anymore.

well I hard live in tunadra and your tendecy for hyperbole makes me
question the accuratcy of what you are saying