Old December 11th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] miso@sushi.com is offline

Default S.O.S... going NUTS over reception problems

wrote:
I'm not an avid shortwaver by any stretch, I had a good
time with a hand held a few years back and had it stolen in Mexico.
I recently have purchased a Sangean ATS 909, all I've read were good
reviews.
Can someone help diagnose my troubles he

I can hardly pick up ANYTHING. I can search through 2MHz to 30 MHz all
day
and night and pick up 3 or 4 transmissions.

I have just bought an external antenna to see if that'd help, it's an
EMF antenna,
a good one.

STILL NOTHING. What the hell? I live in Philadelphia in a 3rd floor
apartment, nothing
out of the ordinary in terms of interference... is it my equipment?
Should I contact Sangean?
Please inform.

Thanks,

Xan

I don't have that radio, but check if it has a local/dx switch.