Old December 12th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Off topic vernacular designed to irritate others

Cecil Moore wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:
No, I am using a 4:1 to feed the horizontal portion of the Windom and
a 1:1 ferrite choke balun 10 feet vertically down from there.

Technically, that's an OCF, off-center-fed dipole.
A Windom antenna is fed with a "single-wire
feeder connected 14% off center", according to my
1957 "The ARRL Radio Amateur's Handbook". Just a
little ham radio trivia FYI.

This all got me thinking, have you ever designed a "Texas Windom?"
serious look

Regards,
JS