Old December 13th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
N9NEO N9NEO is offline

Default city SWLing Question

I am moving to Rochester NY and am planning on living right in the city
there. I am wondering what the SWL will be like with the houses packed
right on top of each other. My present situation is good with
underground utilities. Will my next door neighbor's computer trash end
up on the power lines right outside my window and destroy any chance I
have to swl? Is there anything I can do to mitigate the noise beyond
sticking antenna in back yard far away from power lines?

I would like to hear how others fare while living in a city
environment.

thanks.

NEO