Old December 13th 06, 03:45 AM posted to comp.protocols.time.ntp,rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo David Eduardo is offline

Default CHU Public Notice : http://inms-ienm.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/time_services/shortwave_broadcasts_e.html

"Stephanie Weil" wrote in message
ups.com...

Max Power schrieb:

Re-licencing just might be possible, calling the 7.335 MHz a "broadcast".

Well, I always thought that stations like WWV and CHU were
"broadcasts". I mean, they're receivable on any standard radio with a
shortwave band.

So the format is "all time all the time". Not really all that
different from all-news stations like Cuba's Radio Reloj, which mix
newscasts in between the time-checks all to the sound of a ticking
metronome.

For decades, XEQK in Mexico City gave the time each minute, followed by 11
5" commercials. You could buy one spot every minute, every two minutes or
every 4.